Response to COVID-19
Our measures to reduce risks of transmission of COVID-19
Dragonfly is committed to keeping its emergency measures updated. Along with your packages, the health of our staff, customers and the community is a priority. It’s why we’ll keep on taking steps to make sure everyone’s safe. You can continue receiving packages without signing contractor devices.
Here are some of the ways we’re working to reduce risks of COVID-19 transmission.
Due to COVID-19, our delivery procedures have been adapted to offer a contactless service. Customers are no longer expected to sign on our delivery associates’ devices according to social distancing measures. Our delivery partner will sign N / A (Not available) after making sure the package has been delivered to a safe location.
In order to limit the risks of propagation, we invite all customers to follow the recommendations from the Public Health Agency of Canada: Parcels generally take a few days to be delivered, the risk of spread is low. To protect yourself from COVID-19, make sure to do the following when handling products:
- wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds after handling the package
- avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth, especially with unwashed hands
For more information, please visit the Public Health Agency of Australia website.
For everyone’s safety, it is temporarily impossible for customers to pick up their package at the warehouse. If we haven’t been able to deliver your package after 4 attempts or if you’d like to pick up your package at the warehouse, we invite you to contact our Customer Contact Centre at 1800 370 682 so we can find an alternative.
Our employees and delivery associates follow appropriate hygienic guidelines. We have implemented strict hygienic measures in all our facilities and we have increased the frequency of our installations’ cleaning. Our measures include but not limited to:
- Mandatory body temperature check upon arrival at any Dragonfly premises;
- Thorough cleaning and disinfection of stations, every morning and every night;
- Social distancing measures;
- All station employees must wear masks and use disposable gloves while at the facility whereas delivery associates must wear the masks and gloves throughout the service day;
- Stringent cleaning measures several times daily on all surfaces, screens, handwashing stations, restrooms, and more;
- Use of plexiglass panels at every checkout point;
- Clear protocols in case of contamination.
Our employees are essential to our operations and their health is a priority for us. We are issuing the following guidelines, which remain in effect until further notice:
- Remote work for administrative personnel;
- If an employee is back from traveling abroad, we ask the employee to stay isolated at home for 14 days;
- Any employee or delivery associate experiencing symptoms associated with the flu or diagnosed as a case of COVID-19 will cease its activities with Dragonfly for the period of recovery or non-contagion.